How to Connect to RSS Feeds and Transfer Data in Talend
This Blog shows how you can easily integrate the CData JDBC driver for RSS into your workflow in Talend. This article uses the CData JDBC Driver for RSS to transfer RSS feeds in a job flow in Talend.
The below procedure explains how to establish a JDBC connection to RSS:
- Add a new database connection to RSS feeds: To add a new connection, expand the Metadata node, right-click the Db Connections node, and then click Create Connection.
- In the resulting wizard, enter a name for the connection.
- On the next page, select Generic JDBC from the DB Type menu and enter the JDBC URL.You can connect to RSS and Atom feeds, as well as feeds with custom extensions. To connect to a feed, set the URL property. You can also access secure feeds. A variety of authentication mechanisms are supported. See the help documentation for details.The SQLite JDBC driver is used to sort and filter RSS feeds. You will need to add this .jar file to your classpath. The driver is included in the lib folder in the installation directory.A typical JDBC URL is below:
- Enter the path to the cdata.jdbc.rss.jar file, located in the lib subfolder of the installation directory.
- Right-click the connection and then click Retrieve Schema.
- Click Next with the default options to select the tables you want to import.
- Finish the wizard with the default options.
Output the RSSFeed Table to a Flat File
You can follow the procedure below to transfer the RSSFeed table to a flat file output component:
- In the Table Schemas node, drag the tables to the workspace.
- In the dialog that is displayed, select the tJDBCInput component.
- Next, drag a tFileOutputDelimited component from the Business Intelligence tab of the Palette into the workspace.
- Right-click the RSSFeed tJDBCInput component and drag a vector to the output file.
Run the project to transfer the data.
BigData Dimension is a leading provider of cloud and on-premise solutions for BigData Lake Analytics, Cloud Data Lake Analytics, Talend Custom Solution, Data Replication, Data Quality, Master Data Management (MDM), Business Analytics, and custom mobile, application, and web solutions. BigData Dimension equips organizations with cutting edge technology and analytics capabilities, all integrated by our market- leading professionals. Through our Data Analytics expertise, we enable our customers to see the right information to make the decisions they need to make on a daily basis. We excel in out-of-the-box thinking to answer your toughest business challenges.
You’ve already invested in Talend project or maybe you already have a Talend Solution implemented, but may not be utilizing the full power of the solution. To get the full value of the product, you need to get the solution implemented from industry experts.
At BigData Dimension, we have experience spanning over a decade integrating technologies around Data Analytics. As far as Talend goes, we’re one of the few best-of-breed Talend-focused systems integrators in the entire world. So when it comes to your Talend deployment and getting the most out of it, we’re here for you with unmatched expertise.
Our work covers many different industries including Healthcare, Travel, Education, Telecommunications, Retail, Finance, and Human Resources.
We offer flexible delivery models to meet your needs and budget, including onshore and offshore resources. We can deploy and scale our talented experts within two weeks.
- Full requirements analysis of your infrastructure
- Implementation, deployment, training, and ongoing services both cloud-based and/or on-premise
- BigData Management by Talend: Leverage Talend Big Data and its built-in extensions for NoSQL, Hadoop, and MapReduce. This can be done either on-premise or in the cloud to meet your requirements around Data Quality, Data Integration, and Data Mastery
- Cloud Integration and Data Replication: We specialize in integrating and replicating data into Redshift, Azure, Vertica, and other data warehousing technologies through customized revolutionary products and processes.
- ETL / Data Integration and Conversion: Ask us about our groundbreaking product for ETL-DW! Our experience and custom products we’ve built for ETL-DI through Talend will give you a new level of speed and scalability
- Data Quality by Talend: From mapping, profiling, and establishing data quality rules, we’ll help you get the right support mechanisms setup for your enterprise
- Integrate Your Applications: Talend Enterprise Service Bus can be leveraged for your enterprise’s data integration strategy, allowing you to tie together many different data-related technologies, and get them to all talk and work together
- Master Data Management by Talend: We provide end-to-end capabilities and experience to master your data through architecting and deploying Talend MDM. We tailor the deployment to drive the best result for your specific industry – Retail, Financial, Healthcare, Insurance, Technology, Travel, Telecommunications, and others
- Business Process Management: Our expertise in Talend Open Studio will lead the way for your organization’s overall BPM strategy
As a leading Systems Integrator with years of expertise in the latest and greatest integrating numerous IT technologies, we help you work smarter, not harder, and at a better Total Cost of Ownership. Our resources are based throughout the United States and around the world. We have subject matter expertise in numerous industries and solving IT and business challenges.
We blend all types of data and transform it into meaningful insights by creating high performance Big Data Lakes, MDM, BI, Cloud, and Mobility Solutions.
CloudCDC is equipped with the most intuitive and user friendly interface. With in a couple of clicks, you can load, transfer and replicate data to any platforms without any hassle. Do not worry about codes or scripts.
• Build Data Lake on AWS, Azure and Hadoop
• Continuous Real Time Data Sync.
• Click-to-replicate user interface.
• Automated Integration & Data Type Mapping.
• Automated Schema Build.
• Codeless Development Environment.
CONTACT THE EXPERTS AT BIGDATA DIMENSION FOR YOUR CLOUDCDC, TALEND, DATA ANALYTICS, AND BIG DATA NEEDS. CONTACT US TODAY TO LEARN MORE!